It's all the rage. Famous and not-so-famous moms and dads all over the world are wearing their baby! Are you next?
Baby slings and baby carriers are taking families by storm - they are the newest 'must have' baby gear. And leading the way are famous people like Brad and Angelina - they both wear baby carriers.
You can find them in all shapes and forms - the one you choose will depend on your lifestyle. They are fashionable, functional and built for comfort. You can choose a back frame carrier for outdoor adventures, a sling for out-and-about in the city, and a wrap style for being close to your baby.
They are becoming more and more popular - and for good reason. We have listed five main reasons why people love them - and love to wear them...
1. Convenient. Baby wearing is convenient for the parent. It provides freedom for the parent since their hands are free to do other things and at the same time keep a close eye on their infant.
2. Ultra comfortable. Your baby's comfort and yours is very important - and once people start wearing their baby in a carrier they begin to realize how comfortable and secure the carrier can be. The reason for the comfort is that they are designed so that the baby's weight is spread across the back and shoulders of person with the baby - rather than all the weight being focused on arms and back. It makes a huge difference.
3. Carrier can be used for newborn babies (some types of carriers) and they can also be used to carry older children (especially useful on a full day outing to a museum or to the zoo). This means that the carrier can have a long-life for families.
4. Soothing to baby. It's a well known fact that babies love to be held - holding them increases their contentment - and the more content the less they tend to cry. Carriers (especially sling and wrap styles) are built for holding baby close to you. It feels good for baby and it also feels good for you!
5. For moms that are breastfeeding their baby a sling carrier makes it easy to breastfeed anywhere with the confidence of knowing that the sling is providing mom and baby with privacy. Baby carriers that you can buy usually have a generous amount of fabric in the "hammock" where the baby is held so that it is very easy to breastfeed on both sides just by moving baby from one side to another without having to take baby out of the wrap
More and more celebrities are having children, and in our celebrity-centric world people watch what they do. And they are using baby slings to wear their baby. So when celebrities are doing it - it logically follows that the general public will follow suit.
And it's not just mom anymore. More and more celebrity dads and the not-so-famous dads are getting in on the convenience and joy of carrying their child in a carrier.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!